ProLife Otago is a pro-life group based at the University of Otago.
In our small country of 4.4 million, almost 16,000 children die from abortion each year.
Not only is abortion hurting our children, but it’s hurting our women too. The physical and psychological effects of abortion can be harmful and long-lasting and many women are unaware of this at the time they are faced with the decision of whether or not to end the life of their unborn child. ProLife Otago strives to raise awareness of abortion and its surrounding issues.
We seek to achieve by:
- Engaging students on the issue of abortion.
- Informing students of the effects of abortion.
- Promoting the idea that Life begins at conception.
- Support women who have had, or are thinking of having an abortion, and referring them to appropriate counselling services.
- Promoting the Adoption Option as a viable choice; and
- Running regular public forums and seminars throughout the academic year.
Through these means, we seek to reduce New Zealand’s high abortion rate. To keep updated, please LIKE our Facebook page and if you would like to get involved please get in contact with us: email@example.com