In our small country of 4.4 million, almost 16,000 children die from abortion each year.
Not only is abortion hurting our children, but it’s hurting our women too. The physical and psychological effects of abortion can be harmful and long-lasting and many women are unaware of this at the time they are faced with the decision of whether or not to end the life of their unborn child.
ProLife Waikato strives to raise awareness of abortion and its surrounding issues at Waikato tertiary institutions. We intend to:
• Engage students on the issue of abortion.
• Inform students of the effects of abortion.
• Promote the idea that Life begins at conception.
• Support women who have had, or are thinking of having an abortion, and referring them to appropriate counselling services.
• Promote the Adoption Option as a viable choice; and
• Run regular public forums and seminars throughout the academic year.
Through these means, we seek to reduce New Zealand’s high abortion rate.
Come and have a chat with us to see how you can get involved and do your part.